Monday, October 26, 2009

Monday Morning Review: Bears - Bengals

Sitting here at my desk, drinking coffee, wondering how blurry my eyes look and trying to figure out the best way to write an "I told you so" column. I think I'll go the modest route and just simply point out how I accurately foresaw the Bears-Bengals game.
  • Like I thought: Carson Palmer proved to be a good but not quite elite quarterback.
  • Like I thought: Cedric Benson was stopped early and often and was a non-factor in the game.
  • Like I thought: Jay Cutler was eager to prove his worth to the Chicago Bears faithful after signing an expensive contract extension.
  • Like I thought: The Bears avoided losing two in a row by narrowly beating the Bengals in a dog fight and putting them only one loss behind the Vikings for the NFC North lead.

What an exciting Bears win. Next up, a date with the Cleveland Browns led by fuck-wit head coach Eric Mangini. I only hope that the Bears pursuit of the division next Sunday is on a different time slot as game 4 of the World Series. If my hunch is right again, Carlos Zambrano will be one more magnificent start away from leading the Cubs to a four game sweep over the Yankees.

No comments: